THE NITTY GRITTY
HOW IT WORKS
It is great that you want to know more about how this works and we want to be really clear with everyone that wants to be involved in this unique project with us.
Here we explain who’s involved in the project and how it will all work. We also thought it would be a good idea to show you the process step by step.
In a nutshell: The play area at Kennet Way is owned and maintained by Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council (BDBC). They agree with us that it needs to be updated and improved to make it a more welcoming space for all our children, whatever their age, and for other residents looking for a pleasant spot to take time out or meet friends. We (Friends of Kennet Way Park) have joined together with BDBC, to make sure we get the best possible results for Oakley.
What we will do (Friends of Kennet Way Park)
- Work really hard with all you lovely people to raise additional money to get the best possible play area we can.
- Hand the money to the council by September 2019 to add to the funds they’ve already committed (see below)
- Act as the key group representing community views when it comes to designing the brief for the new play area
What Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council will do:
- Commit around £55,000 of funding as a starting point for the total cost of the revamped play area (the project). This is coming from contributions made by the developer of the site at West Beech Tree Close and a Local Infrastructure Fund grant of £25,600.
- Confirm the final project budget available once our fundraising is combined with these funds in September 2019
- Consult with people in Oakley during the autumn of 2019 to find out what they really want to see in the play area and work with us to create a brief for the project.
- This brief will be sent to some expert designers to create their project proposals. (The exciting bit!)
- Award a contract for the ‘winning’ design to be implemented, sort out all the relevant planning permissions and manage the work to upgrade our play area during 2020
- Continue to maintain the play area into the future.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you. Don't be shy, say hello
Send some £’s our way
Join the team:
We always need a hand